Children & Family Friendly Adventure Activities
Queenstown is undeniably the adventure capital of NZ, if not the world. Bang for buck, there is more to do and experience in this small ‘city’ than any other location we know of.
But for the family adventurers, it’s critically important that the whole family enjoys the break, not just mum and dad! So besides the crazy adrenaline junkie activities on offer, and the superb vineyards with superb wine and delicious platters loaded with local produce which I’m sure mum and dad would love to relax at, there is a whole long list of children & family friendly adventure activities that the kids can also enjoy. Below you’ll find our list in no particular order, but separated into Indoor and Outdoor activities for those not so fun weather days!
Indoor Ice Skating with disco nights, open skating, lessons or holiday programs
Athletic complex with climbing wall, indoor courts, lourtdoor fields and tennis courts, pools for adults & kids, plus slides & a hot water pool.
Kids Play Center, Indoor Playground & Café
Bowling, pool tables, arcade games, giant Jenga and a bar/café
2D or 3D, small and comfortable cinemas with the latest movies
NZ’s scariest haunted house. Over 18,000 people have already screamed ‘chicken’!
Indoor trampoline gymnasium – Freestyle, parkour and freerun, snowboard & freeski, skateboarding, holiday programs
Fun, high-energy, adrenaline fuelled experiences with a huge range of indoor attractions to choose from. Kids Clubs & Birthdays
- Vortex 12D Motion Theatre - A white-knuckle adventure with snow, rain, bubbles, fog, wind and a few surprise!
- 360° VR Gaming - The fully-realised future of gaming, entertainment and more!
- Laser Tag - Enjoy tactical combat fun with tons of gaming scenarios for all ages!
- 360° Drift Kart - Drive, spin and drift like a pro on the Electric Crazy Karts!
- Paintless Paintball - All the impact, none of the mess! Unlimited ammo!
- Virtuix Omni VR - NZ’s first Omni multiplayer platforms, the ONLY way to run in VR!
- Bazooka Ball - All the gain, none of the pain at NZ’s only Bazooka Ball arena!
- Coming soon: Hologate VR - Take a journey to the edge of reality on this multiplayer gaming experience for family & friends.
- Kids Club Queenstown - A fun and entertaining supervised package deal that allows your children to experience all of our great products
Chilly Antarctic Experience in the heart of Queenstown with Over 18 tonnes of crystal clear ice architecture to explore and play in
Queenstown’s largest indoor playground
- Grand Prix Indoor Go Karting - Junior Race karts for 8 to 12 year olds and Adult Karts for Big Kids & Adults
- Jurrasic Battle Lazer Tag - massive Prehistoric themed environment.
- Lazer Web Maze,
- Virtual Sports Simulator
- Arcade Games. - Air Hockey, Crazy Speed or our Sports Challenge Penalty Shoot Out
Journey through a multitude of rooms with a variety of different sensory effects that will leave you A-maze-d!
Get up close and personal with the local wildlife in Lake Wakatipu including trout and salmon!
A fun filled 18 hole course – fun for the whole family
Step into Queenstown’s 1860s gold rush, crack the codes, solve the puzzles and try to escape in 60 minutes
Engage the young and young at heart through a unique and fun experience of ziplining above Queenstown
Purpose built Luge carts put you in complete control as you take on over 800 metres of banked corners, tunnels and dippers.
The worlds most thrilling jet boat ride through the Shotover River Canyons, at 85km/hour, with amazing scenery, well executed spins & spraying water
Cruise on a vintage steam ship, visit a working high country sheep farm (shearing and mustering demonstrations) and enjoy a top end kiwi BBQ